Wiser£money is a strategic partnership between Wessex Resolutions (C.I.C.) and Encompass Southwest (a registered charity and company limited by guarantee) that is governed by a formal partnership agreement. Wiser£money operates across Devon and Somerset providing services for people living in rural/remote and coastal and market town communities who are experiencing poverty, hardship and financial exclusion.
The purpose of the project is to create accessible service provision to those who are excluded from services in South Somerset. The project aims:
- To improve the quality of life and financial wellbeing of South Somerset residents
- To build financial resilience though client centred and tailored advice and support services
- To resolve acute presenting need and work to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence in managing money
- To increase capacity and resource in the area though delivery of high quality, accessible money and debt advice services which compliment existing provision
- To provide rurally based financial inclusion and capability services
- To campaign for Social Policy change to raise awareness of financial inclusion and rural issues.
Wessex Resolutions C.I.C.: A community interest company limited by guarantee, registered in England, company number 4512225. Registered address: Heatherton Park Studios, Bradford on Tone, Taunton TA4 1EU. Wessex Resolutions C.I.C is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (number 675263) for credit and debt-related regulated activities
Encompass Southwest Registered charity 1145286, registered in England, company number 07149873. Registered address: Suite 1, 2 Bear Street, Barnstaple, Devon EX32 7BU. Encompass Southwest is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority 618752 for debt-related regulated activities.
If you are unhappy with the service you receive, you may be eligible to seek redress under the Financial Ombudsman Service; further details can be found at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk